Pusuant to G.S. 161-10
Effective October 1, 2016 the following fee struture will be implemented:
Deeds of Trust: $64.00 for the first 35 pages plus $4.00 for each additional page.
All other instruments (excluding UCC’s, Plats, Satisfactions): $26.00 for the first 15 pages plus $4.00 for each additional page.
– Plats: $21.00 per page *Only 18″ X 24″ accepted
– UCC: $38.00 for the first 1-2 pages, $45.00 for 3-10 pages, over 10 pages $45.00 plus $2.00 per page.
– Excise Tax: $1 per $500 off purchase price
– Satisfaction/Cancellation of Deed of Trust: No Fee
– Any document that contains over 20 distinct parties required to be indexed, an additional charge of $2.00 per name (after the first 20 names) will be added to the recording fee.
Certified copies of documents: $5.00 for first page and $2.00 for each additional page
*Non-Standard Document is $25.00 extra*
When a subsequent instrument is presented for recording with reference to more than one original instrument the fee shall be $25.00 for each additional reference.
The Register of Deeds office maintains a record of all real estate transactions in Avery County.
Please contact the Register of Deeds office for any further information. The office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.